CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

3 Posts in 1 Week........didn't want to leave Navayah out!!!





I tried potty training Navayah a couple months back, but she would just go crazy when it was time to use the restroom. And if she had an accident she would come running and crying flipping out about the situation. I had never experienced this before, but it got to the point that she was holding it in so long she was just in so much pain. So I decided it wasn't worth all the stress on her and me and let it go. Well I decided this week was the week to attempt again. Because she knows exactly what to do, and shows interest, but when it comes time to "letting it go" it is STILL drama. You would seriously think she was giving birth. We have discovered that her jumping up and down and crying "owie, owie, owie" is our cue to get her to the bathroom fast, but then she will still sit on the potty and scream and cry until she just lets go. I feel so bad for her, but it is actually pretty comical. I have a short video clip of the "drama" that hopefully I can figure out how to get up on here later, but for now just enjoy the pictures of the happy times before "letting go"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What adorable photos!! Sorry Navayah is having such potty drama, but she does look very cute on the potty. She is looking so much like you and your mom when you all were little. Hope you guys all have a great Easter weekend!!

Love,
Dana

Anonymous said...

I love to hear other people's potty drama because it makes me realize that I'm not the only one with endless drama in my house. The newest one word response to everything is "Wough". It reminds me of Joey on the TV show "Blossom". Only when Lexi says it, it becomes increasingly louder until someone acknowledges what she's "Woughing" about--which could be something positive, negative, or completely nonexistant to anyone other than her. Great pics, and good luck with the potty training--I still haven't tried to get Lexi out of diapers at night--I guess it's just not worth the stress right now.
Much love, Danelle